At Grand Family Dentistry, we have openings for dental hygienists in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We are looking for candidates that are dedicated to providing our patients with excellent services and the information they need to keep their smiles healthy.
- Passionate about providing patient-centered care and excellent patient service
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Comfortable scheduling patients’ dental hygiene appointments
Duties & Responsibilities:
Registered dental hygienists are assigned duties and responsibilities which involve licensed professional work in providing dental hygiene services. These include:
- Implementing appropriate standard of care therapy.
- Assisting a dentist in providing periodontal, dental or hygiene care and treatment.
- Assessing patients’ teeth, bone and periodontal tissues for the presence of any abnormalities or suspected diseases or conditions.
- Creating periodontal treatment plans based on the dentist’s diagnosis.
- Bringing to the immediate attention of the dentist any suspected lesion in the mouth or on the teeth.
- Thoroughly removing soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stains from teeth using hand instruments, ultrasonic Cavitron® inserts and prophy handpieces.
- Instructing patients on how to practice good oral hygiene, making recommendations as to appropriate products or devices for patients’ home care and providing other health care education as necessary.
- Performing prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or gingivitis.
- Performing full mouth debridement, either as a first stage gingivitis therapy or to remove interfering calculus to further enable a more accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Performing root planing as a periodontal therapy.
- Placing locally administered antibiotics as supportive periodontal therapy.
- Implementing irrigation and desensitizing procedures or products as adjunctive to periodontal therapy.
- Exposing, developing and mounting dental X-rays, both intraoral and extraoral.
- Performing in-office whitening procedures, including applying gingival isolation, initial and subsequent bleaching gel and curing gel.
- Applying cavity prevention agents, such as fluorides and pit and fissure sealants.
- Making recommendations as to patients’ recare interval and follow-up needs.
- Fulfilling all other duties and responsibilities as assigned and allowed under applicable state laws and regulations.
- Licensed and in good standing with the State of Louisiana.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Willing to partner with the dentist and work well as part of the total dental team
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity. You will be using dental instruments in a patient’s mouth, and there is little room for error.
- Enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, brand new, state-of-the-art environment!
You can contact Grand Family Dentistry at 225-372-7700 to plan an interview with our dentists. You can email your resume to us using the form below or bring it to our office at 5422 Jones Creek Rd., Baton Rouge, Louisiana.